The board software of any automated project management system is based on specialized software packages (complexes).
The Introduction of Board Software Management
The introduction of board software management in an organization today is no longer just a means of increasing the efficiency of the existing management system. Continuous improvement of organization management methods, supported by the use of modern software, is a condition for the successful functioning of a company in the market. The development of information technologies constantly reminds us of the law of the transition from quantity to quality: the desired becomes possible, the inaccessible becomes affordable and cost-effective. One of the tasks of the head was to keep pace with the progress in information technology in order to keep up with competitors.
In many cases today, traditional management schemes focused on a stable business environment and unchanging business processes must be complemented by project management methods. Effective software for planning and project management has become available for domestic organizations, but the tasks of choosing, effective implementation, and use of such systems come to the fore. In this article, we would like to focus on the practical side of solving these problems.
We believe that the best way to create a board software is to keep in touch with the end-users of that system as we make improvements and changes to it. When the revision task is approved and launched into operation, the specialist makes the appropriate corrections to the system and immediately presents them to users for feedback.
The main advantage of commercial structures such as board software is their high ability to raise capital and create the most favorable conditions for the implementation of investment projects. At the same time, there are many atavisms in the corporate governance structure, because of which resources are wasted, preventing them from being consolidated around promising, economically viable projects. Moreover, the larger the organization, the more costly ineffective management is.
The main Features of Board Software
The main features of board software include:
- development and justification of the project concept;
- assessing the effectiveness of the project, taking into account risk factors and uncertainties;
- feasibility study of the project and development of his business plan;
- systematic planning of the project at all phases of its life cycle;
- development of estimates and budget of the project;
- selection of project executors through competition procedures (trades);
- preparation and conclusion of supply contracts;
- organization of purchases and supplies;
- project implementation – implementation of a corporate system;
- project management using a modern automated planning and control system, as well as data processing and transmission tools, selection and training of a team of project managers, development of an in-house standard, and much more;
- effective control and regulation, as well as management of changes inevitable during the implementation of the project;
- timely and/or efficient completion of the project;
- in order to successfully perform the above control functions, an appropriate automated system is required. A similar system can be created based on software from Primavera Systems, Inc.
In the process of board software implementation, the implementation team carries out system improvements in accordance with business requirements. All changes and improvements are divided into phases depending on the priority of the task and the complexity of its implementation. For each phase, it is determined which functions are to be implemented. As much as possible, each requirement is broken down into minimal blocks that can be used and tested individually. Thus, the maximum speed of putting the implemented functionality into operation is achieved for end-users to provide them with the opportunity to test this function and start using it.